I have worked with commercial, public and not-for-profit organisations in a number of ways to help them develop their managers. I have designed and delivered a series of modular management development programmes, intensive residential programmes and one off subject specific training programmes for managers.
Prior to design and delivery I have identified training needs and content by:
- Facilitating workshops, at all levels, to identify organisational and management challenges
- Undertaking qualitative training needs analysis using surveys, focus groups and interviews
- Researching development needs using organisations quantitative evidence to identify the need to improve (or change) management practices and behaviours
- Using competency frameworks, organisational values and strategic plans.
In my experience the core management development subjects fall into a number of themes: managing yourself, managing your team, managing performance, managing change, managing your business, managing your time and managing stakeholders. These broad headings give scope to address a wide range of management knowledge, skills and behaviours.
The list below reflects the range of management subjects I have designed and delivered. I have delivered these as standalone subjects or as part of a management development programme. All content can be tailored to meet your needs.
- An introduction to management
- Change management
- Coaching skills for managers
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Developing Relationship Awareness®
- Facilitation skills
- Finance demystified (budgeting and budget monitoring)
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Handling challenging conversation
- Leading meetings
- Modularised management development programmes
- Managing performance
- Managing your workload
- Persuading and influencing
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Team building and working (using the Strength Deployment Inventory®)
- Useful and effective appraisals
- Understanding conflict using the SDI® and Relationship Awareness®
- Working collaboratively (using the Strength Deployment Inventory®)
- Working across cultures
I have found that the 'naming' of programmes often fails to do justice to the content
If you would like to further information please email email@example.com, complete the enquiry form or call on 07970 246037 and have a chat with Neil.
I am a qualified Strength Deployment Inventory® facilitator as are a number of my associates. For more information on SDI® please click on the link